I'm really tired today. Was up all night watching the Oscars (since Sweden time is 9hours before LA time the show started at 2:30 in the morning and ended around 6 o'clock!).
Proud to say Swedish Per Hallberg won for sound editing! He is originally from the island Öland where we have our summer home.
"Inger 30+" also went to the Oscars.....
Inger 30+ at the Oscars, pencil & collage
click the image for a larger view
Monday, February 25, 2008
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Cotton yarn, starched with sugarwater
This is the full size (approx 80cm, 32") TV/VHS-player & video cassette that I started with when I did the VHS piece I posted the other day. In the end I only used the cassette on its own. It's a much better piece without the TV/player. But this showes the level of my filet crochet period. I think this theme was my warm concern for old ladies in this technique developed society or something like that.
My 70 years old friend Birgitta always wanted me to go with her to the ATM - so I crocheted a full size ATM-machine (cash machine). But it kept falling over all the time so I never showed it. At the top of the crochet madness :-) I even recall asking my brothers girlfriend (now wife) if I could use her car (?) as a mold for a filetcrochet Car.....
At that time my right arm started to feel like it was melting so I put the hook away :-)
Couldn't find any pics of the ATM-machine. Found this sketch I did of me and Birgitta when we had our Art-studio scholarships at Cité Internationale des Arts in Paris 2001. I'm the hedgehog on the left with the colorful sneakers :-)
Hedgehogs at the cash machine, ink & Copic marker. Paris 2001
Friday, February 22, 2008
Going through all my things in the studio space because we are moving to a better place soon. Found a lot of photos and old art pieces from my studing years. (MFA at Konstfack Art department.) As an artist I've mostly worked with animated art video but in school I had a severe filet crochet CRAZY period. I filet crocheted so much I "crocheted myself" and couldn't crochet for years. I posted one VHS piece yesterday and these guns are my most displayed piece from that period. This is on the same theme as The "Soft punch" piece. (for the record: I don't like guns)
This makes me want to filet crochet again because it is a very good technique if you want to build three dimentional pieces.
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Today Blue Guy arrived to spend some time, on his world travels, with our family here in Stockholm. He is a friend of TLG, the son of Working Mom Knits and lives in Maryland USA. He is made by WMK's talented friend Kate.
He brought wonderful gifts, lovely yarn, curly wool in my favorite greens, yummy handmade buttons , honey in a beautiful bottle and a cute lovely card. I'm so excited! :-)
Posted by Inger Carina at 1:10 PM
Monday, February 11, 2008
Oh no, "Beach 2008" project has started again.....
The entire family takes turns with this illness :-) and the children got the required followup sicknesses like ear inflammation. All leads to penicillin and NO sleep at night. Everything sums up to me not crafting at all...... but I'm soon back with the hook :-)
Now over to the You Make My Day Awards
It's a blog contest where you nominate your 5 favorite blogs.
This is the rules:
1. Write a post with links to 5 blogs that make your day.
2. Acknowledge the post of the award giver.
3. Tell the award winners that they've won by commenting on their blogs.
My nominations are:
1. The winner is Nina Johansson!!! She has a wonderful sketch blog and I have visited her everyday for the last two years. Definitely check her out - don't forget her archives! It will blow your mind.
2. Suzanne Buchanan's sketch blog An (open) sketch book also a wonderful and talented sketch blog! You all now I love it already :-)
3. Alice's craft blog futuregirl. This blog makes your day if you love crafting. She has the most wonderful sense for everything; design, colors, ideas and she has a lot of great technique tutorials in her archives.
4. Another GREAT sketch blog is by Gabi Campanario. This is GOLD for inspiration and he is so generous with his work process and I sketch much more on the bus and in cafés nowadays. Ispired by Gabi :-)
5. My blog-visiting ALL started (2004/2005) on slow days at my work at the gallery by lurking Anthony Zierhut's sketchblog about his daily life and work as a storyboard artist in Hollywood. Super inspiring!
I want to nominate you all my fellow bloggers!!! You are all great and inspiring.
If you now Swedish, check my brother Schyffert's blog out and the owner of Marias Yarn Shop Marias Garnhändelser! Great knitting and funny stuff.
Saturday, February 2, 2008
I won the Valentine give away over at Suzannes An open (sketch) book ! Talking about cheering you up! This arrived in the mail and it made my day! Thanks Suzanne!
Check out her FANTASTIC blog! She is a supertalented designer and artist.
Friday, February 1, 2008
You get some peculiar ideas while having a fever.. A Granny-square-charm for your charm bracelet. Crocheted in sewing machine thread from Gütermans - ultra thin.....
Like It's going to stay sharp and nice and not roll up to a little dusty knot after only two days of use....... Thank you my friends for cheering me up with your comments!
Hope you all are well and healthy!
Kind regards from the cough in Stockholm