Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Moving my studio. It's Craft Chaos!

I'm moving to a new studio this week. It's very exciting, but it's also A LOT of work cleaning up and putting everything in boxes. Right now it's a total chaos here.
I am a big collector - fabric, beads, patterns from the 50's-80's etc. I Love to pat my piles of fabric like pets :) this is one of my favorite shelfs with vintage colorful prints (and some new with the same "graphic feel" from for example IKEA)
When you clean up and go through all the stuff it's like an archeological (is that a word?) field survey. You make finds - like my collection of vintage aprons! Hadn't seen them in a while and I got really inspired from their cuteness. I will make a photo presentation of them later for you all, so you also kan enjoy them :)

7 comments:

Ann Charlotte said...

It's a caos, but the most beautyful caos.
A

Cattis said...

Vilket jättejobb!

Fast jag antar du hittar mycket spännande under tiden ;-)

kram
Cattis

suzanne cabrera said...

Wowzer...I love those aprons!!!! So exciting!

Can't wait to see your new digs!

Marcia said...

Sometimes it gets so overwhelming I can hardly move in my room. Lucky you will have everything in it's place in a new spot. I'll be back to see what you're creating in that new studio.

Anonymous said...

trist att flytta men underbart att gräva igenom gamla skatter och bli inspirerad! lycka till med flytten. själv brukar ajg bli sittande mitt i kaoset, bläddrande i gamla papper eller annat produktivt tittande...

Twiggy said...

wow you have a lot of lovely stuff there! hope you've meanged to get organised and settled by now :)
Twiggy

Klockarbarn said...

Hej
Hittade till din blogg när jag sökte på broderier. Kul att ha hittat hit. Kommer att fortsätta besöka dig. Jag har också en del förkläden i retrostil. De är underbara att titta på. Jag använder dom inte. Funderar däremot att göra förklädesklänningar till barn av dom. Göra om banden till hängslen typ.